2010-01-30

The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band: Horses In The Sky

My dog died a few years ago. A friend of mine who was in the marines passed away as well. I visited this album each time I heard the news. I'm not sure how I came upon this oddity but for those who may have heard it you may very well understand why I choose to play this in times of mourning.

The songs are long avant-garde orchestral pieces and the choir that sings along lends a very haunting, mournful tone. Maybe I'm being over dramatic with how I grieve. I don't know, I don't particularly care. Regardless, this album is very dear to me and even if you aren't going through such a period you should give it a listen. Of the all of them, the opening song is my favorite.


Download:www.mediafire.com/?mynkz3oyooi

Track listing
1."God Bless Our Dead Marines" – 11:44
2."Mountains Made of Steam" – 9:28
3."Horses in the Sky" – 6:39
4."Teddy Roosevelt's Guns" – 9:45
5."Hang on to Each Other" – 6:38
6."Ring Them Bells (Freedom Has Come and Gone)" – 13:58

No comments:

Post a Comment