2010-01-25

Neil Patrick Harris: Legend - Wait for it- Dary.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm writing this article. Shut up. I happen to like musicals, and musical people who can act without looking retarded. Neil Patrick Harris fulfills that condition in ways that both scare me in the darkest way and attract me in ways that make me question my feelings deep inside.

I wouldn't necessarily say that he should get out of show business, but he has such an excellent range of talent. What especially endears me to him is not, oddly enough, his appearances in the Harold and Kumar series of movies (which are equally funny as they are crass, but that's for another day).

No, I'm writing about him because of that one episode of a kids' Saturday morning cartoon, in which he sings in such a way as to make me feel awkward and awed at the same time. It's as if God decided the antics of Sinatra and Martin weren't enough, and inspired the writers of Batman the Brave and the Bold to create some sort of mega musical about Batman and get away with it.

(I will pledge now to stop abusing italics, for they seem to think me disingenuous.)

Here, have a sample of NPH as the Music Meister.


I think we can all agree that was, in a word, awesome. Wait, now for the other video.



No comments:

Post a Comment